Our commitment to our community and caring for our locals is stronger than ever.
We continue to implement Government regulations, and we thank you for your support.
See below for the latest updates.
WE ARE OPEN! – 19th March 2020
In addition to the implementation of extra precautionary health and hygiene measures we have communicated to you, and working closely with expert health organisations to keep you informed, there has been an update from The National Cabinet regarding indoor gatherings.
The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) has advised that any non-essential indoor gatherings of greater than 100 people (including staff) will no longer be permitted from Wednesday 18 March 2020.
How this will affect our trading:
- While we are still open and trading, due to these current restrictions, our capacity is at 90 patrons per single enclosed area, so this will mean therefore entry may be delayed or restricted temporarily.
- We can accommodate 90 patrons in the bistro, and 50 patrons in the sports bar area. Our gaming room is also considered a separate area.
- To implement social distancing, we are re-configuring our bistro and lounge areas and reducing seating capacity and allowing larger distances between tables.
- We are no longer accepting bookings, via phone or online, walk ins only, provided that are within our capacity restrictions.
- All major events in the next couple of months have been cancelled, including weekly and monthly trivia, as well as our live entertainment program on a Wed-Sat evening.
- We will also not be booking any more functions at this stage.
- While we are still open and trading for those who want to dine in, we also have a takeaway menu available, where customers can place their order over the phone, and pick up from venue. See website for more details.
- We are now offering ready-made meals cryovaced for your convenience.
- Our uber service is also continuing as normal.
What you can do:
- Follow us on social media for the latest updates.
- We ask that you continue to use common sense hygiene practices in venue, and to be mindful of social distancing.
- Continue to put the health and wellbeing of you, your family and friends first, and support local businesses where you can.
We thank you for your understanding, and we will continue to do everything we can to take care of the local community, who continue to support us in these uncertain times. Our commitment to our locals is stronger than ever, striving to give you the best customers experience we can during this difficult time, and keep you informed on any further developments.
Chief Operating Officer | Bayfield Hotels
COVID-19 Update – 17th March 2020
Dear valued Guests,
We reach out to you to let you know we are trading as normal and we continue to offer our wholehearted family-run hospitality, focusing on delivering quality food, beverage, service and customer experience.
In addition to our already rigorous health and hygiene practices at our hotel, we have implemented extra precautionary measures, including:
- additional detailed sanitising and hard surface cleaning for all door handles, table tops and other hard surfaces.
- We have allocated staff every shift specifically designated to sanitising and disinfecting surfaces during trade such as EFTPOS terminals, ATM’s, Poker machines, TAB terminals menus and other surfaces touched by staff and patrons.
- We have additional hand sanitiser stations installed for guests and staff.
- We have removed all cutlery, salt and pepper, condiments, cups, jugs, straws and napkins from service areas. Our staff will be offering these at time of food and beverage purchase.
- We adhere to strict wellness policy and have reinforced with our employees that they must stay home if they are showing any signs of illness. Before returning to work they will require a doctor’s certificate to show they are fit and healthy for work.
- We strongly encourage customers during this time to utilise EFTPOS tap and go payment options if possible.
We will closely monitor the advice from expert health organisations, act accordingly and keep you informed.
We appreciate your understanding and thank you for and ongoing support and patronage. We wish you all the best for the health and well-being of you, your family and friends. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our friendly staff.
Chief Operating Officer | Bayfield Hotels